Friday, April 16, 2010

Rawkstar Dinner @105

after one & half week of hard work :-) i decided to treat myself to the rawkstar dinner @105. performance by kyle dillingham, a world class violinist from okc. it was a nice dinner with my coursemates, 5 course dinner.


it was interesting for me to watch the pros at work, doing the plating...



our first course was absolutely delightful

Purple Cabbage Pierogies
Walnuts Sour Cream, Horseradish Mustard paired with Trenzo Rosado (a light rose wine) very palatable


this was followed by

Carta Da Musica
Micro Greens, Aged 'Goat' Cheese, Truffle paired with Colome Torrontes (I really liked this, i think its the tinge of the muscat grape)


followed by Tom Kha Gai - kelp noodles, shitake, sweet and sour coconut milk, mint, lemongrass, ginger, lime paired with Starmont Chardonnay (not my fav)



next was Red Beet Pave w Wild Mushroom Concasse Quark, Buckwheat Bread Crumbs. (by this time i was already stuffed!) anyway, i wasnt crazy about the red beet, i think my red beet ravioli was much better.... haha...

paired with Volpaia Chianti Classico (also not my fav!)


and by the time dessert came, i had to pack!

dessert was Citrus Quattro (Fragrant Cheesecake w Orang Zest, Mandarin-Ginger Gelato, Sesame - Lime Bar, Grapefruit cake)

paired with Michele Chiarlo Nivole' Moscato D'Asti (this was my fav of the lot, its a sweet dessert wine but reminded me of a sauterne, but i'm sure it doesnt cost anything like a sauterne!




and the damage....



have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment